Vound Support Terms and Conditions
Intella software is used by a range of professionals for varying levels of eDiscovery and forensic analysis tasks for use with unstructured data.
At times our customers may require a higher level of support than Technical Support included in the annual MA. To maintain the current pricing of our Intella products, Vound offers a variety of Support options so customers only pay for the support they use.
|Support Type||Description||Included in annual Maintenance Agreement (MA)||Communication Type||Cost|
|Community Forum||Community Forum is a great place to ask questions and share information on how you use Intella.||Yes||Online||First year included in software purchase. Annual subscription available after first year.|
|Knowledge Base||Our Knowledge Base contains a complete listing of Intella user manuals and downloads. It also contains knowledge articles based on queries that have been resolved by our support team in the past.||Yes||Online||First year included in software purchase. Annual subscription available after first year.|
|Technical Support and Maintenance||Identification and assistance with technical issues with the software. Scheduled updates and fixes.||Yes (excluding Intella P.I.)||Email only||First year included in software purchase. Annual subscription available after first year.|
|Extended Support||Assistance with understanding or achieving specific tasks using Intella. (However, we highly recommend the on-demand training as this usually answers common setup and usage questions)||No. Purchase of Extended Support Contract (ESC) required.||Email only||US$295.00 per hour (minimum purchase 10 hours)|
|Training||On-demand or in-class training options available||No. Training is recommended with every software purchase.||Online or in-class||From US$495.00|
|Consulting Services||Assistance with usage or set up of Intella products beyond scope of ESC.||No||Email, phone and in person||Subject to quotation|
* Note that there is no remote assistance or phone support for technical support or extended support. All support is via email only.
General Support Policies
- Prior to contacting our Support Team at any time it is expected that our customers have referred to our current Intella User Manual, to the documents available in our Knowledgebase, and our Community Forum in order to resolve their question.
- Vound reserves the right to limit all Support communication to email only. Vound does not offer phone support as part of the standard Maintenance Agreement (MA) or the Extended Support Contract (ESC).
- Vound may also limit or terminate support service to a customer or customer’s agent who uses the service in an irregular, excessive, abusive or fraudulent manner. Vound’s Technical Support is only available to the company or organization that purchased the original products. Vound does not offer support to third party users.
- Terms, conditions, support features, procedures, pricing and support availability are subject to change at any time without notice.
Vound Maintenance Agreement (MA)
Access to Vound’s Technical Support and Maintenance is only available with a paid annual subscription known as a Maintenance Agreement (MA). The first year’s MA is included in the purchase price of the software. Thereafter the MA is invoiced at 20% of the current list price of the software.
- If the customer’s MA has expired the customer will need to renew the MA before our Support Team will provide assistance
- Customers should be aware that the Vound MA is not the same as, nor does it offer the same level of support as, a Extended Support Contract (ESC)
- Vound Technical Support benefits only apply to the Vound product for which the customer has a current Vound MA
- Customers without a valid MA will not be entitled to access or use the Support portal
- Customers without a valid MA will not be entitled to receive replies of any kind from our Support Team until the full MA renewal amount has been received
- No Support will be offered for any system that does not meet the minimum system requirements
- Support may not proceed if the customer has not sent a detailed explanation of the issue
- Support issues that are found to be issues other than with the Intella program will incur a minimum fee of $US295.00
- At times Vound will require the customer to supply the Intella log files or samples of the data that may be causing the issue. If the customer cannot supply these files for privacy reasons our Support Team reserves the right to close the support ticket as resolution may not be possible.
To renew your MA please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended Support is defined as detailing or explaining how to achieve set tasks with Intella. Support on general usage of Intella or its’ features is not covered by Technical Support or your MA. General usage (‘how to’) support is available by purchasing an Extended Support Contract (ESC) and via Intella training courses. To purchase an ESC please contact email@example.com
Training is available to explain any or all of the following topics and as such will not be dealt with by Vound Technical Support. Extended Support is available for those customers requiring assistance with the following topics who cannot attend training
- Searching or identifying items of interest
- Creating or testing search queries
- Exporting results to other formats
- Creation or importing of Load Files
- Any form of case creation, evidence collection or chain of custody
- Repairing corrupt files or items
- Understanding the content or metadata of items
- Use or effects of software other than Intella
- Decrypting any item
- Hardware choice or setup
- Any item that is not covered in the user manual
- Installation and Setup of Intella Products
Vound Technical Support does not cover inquiries into forensic or legal issues, nor does it include application consulting or training. The determination of the nature of your query for these purposes will be made by our technical support consultants.
Due to each company's network requirements being different, the installation of Vound’s network based products are not covered by your Vound MA, or technical support. The setup of your company's firewalls, routing, permissions and certificates relating to your Vound software, will require skilled network and IT administrators to achieve in a timely manner. Failure to engage the correct resources may negatively affect your overall usage of Intella. To assist you Vound provides the following:
- Detailed user manuals
- Videos via our website and support portal
- User articles via our forum
Any skilled administrators will be able to successfully set up your products in a few hours.
Areas that are specifically not supported and you should plan to have a experienced IT admin for:
- Installation for Intella and/or Connect
- Hardware configurations
- Firewall and/or routing configurations
- Setup of SSL certificates
- Setup of LDAP
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure they or their users have necessary training and experience to undertake and quality control the tasks they are engaged in. We suggest constant peer review of all work product and procedures. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_review).
For training specific to Intella please see https://www.vound-software.com/training
Case Management and Recovery
Customers are reminded to keep a current back up of all cases. Should issues arise with your case file, Vound will recommend that you use your case backup. Failing to keep a valid backup may see you lose access to your case. Further Vound will not be able to assist in recovering damaged case files.
At the current time Vound does not support or recommend using USB2/3 or network drives for the storage, indexing or export of results. Further, Vound will not be able to assist with issues that are judged to be caused by these types of hardware.
Vound will not support any computer that does not meet minimum specifications.
Before contacting Vound Support
To resolve your software support request in the most expedient way possible, it is important that you take the following steps before you contact our software support center. You are required to gather all relevant information about the problem and detail it as part of your initial communication to support. The following steps are an example of what is required:
- Define the problem
If you can describe the problem and symptoms to our Support team you will assist in expediting the problem solving process. It is very important to be as specific as possible when explaining a problem or question. Our specialists want to give you the right solution, so, the better they understand your specific problem, the better they are able to resolve it.
- Gather background information
Your ability to answer the following questions will help us to solve your question effectively.
Have you read the manual to see if your question is answered there ?
- What software were you running when the problem occurred? Please include all relevant products, i.e. operating system as well as related products.
- Has the problem happened before, or is this an isolated problem?
- What steps led to the failure?
- Can the problem be recreated? If so, what steps are required?
- Have any changes been made to the system?
- Were any messages or other diagnostic information produced? If yes, what were they?
- It is often helpful to have a screen shot of the issue or where possible sample data that we can use to recreate the issue.
- Please always provide the version and release level of the product(s) in question.
- Did you cross validate the problem in any other tool or program eg for issues related to PST’s did you try to open them in Outlook?
Customers who fail to supply this information will delay our ability to find a resolution.
Support Service Availability and Response Time
Support is limited to 12 months from the date of purchase of a Vound product (excluding Intella P.I.) or with a current MA.
|New Support Ticket||Assigned to Support Technician within 24 hours|
|Initial Reply||Within 48 hours|
|Follow up Replies||Within 48 hours|
|Ticket Closed||On resolution or after 72 hours of no customer reply|
Service availability may occasionally deviate from stated hours due to downtime for systems and server maintenance and observed public holidays. Vound cannot guarantee that you will not experience some delay in having one of our technical support consultant’s answer your query. While Vound will always endeavor to find a solution or workaround to any reported technical issue, Vound cannot guarantee that it will be able to solve any support issue to meet any specific deadline.
Technical Support Disclaimer
Regardless of the communication medium used, Support is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Our replies are based on the information you have supplied and do not take into account all possible circumstances. At no time should our replies be seen as advice, nor should they be seen as the only possible method or solution available. While we are knowledgeable and skilled professionals, we cannot offer any guarantee as to the consequences of the Support provided. Should the Support cause damage or loss of any kind, Vound shall not be held liable to you or any other person for indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of any character, including damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all commercial damages or losses.
Access to Support by Non-Vound Customers
You may not rent, lend, lease, sell, assign, transfer or grant any rights to your MA or ESC to any other party. Vound reserves the right to refuse Support to any party other that the registered customer. Any Support required by a party other than the registered owner must be coordinated via the registered customer account.
When using Intella Connect or Intella TEAM case sharing across a network, you should ensure that you take all "reasonable steps" to protect information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. It is therefore highly recommended that all users undertake their own security testing of the Intella Connect and TEAM system before sharing data across any network connection (local or Internet). Furthermore it is recommended that consideration of the use of extra security layers such as SSL, multifactor authentication, VPN’s and other point-to-point security systems be applied to case sharing with Intella Connect or Intella TEAM. Vound will take no responsibility for any security issues that may arise from the use of Intella Connect.
Intella Connect Case sharing limitations
Case sharing is the ability to share across the network a set of evidence files that have been processed using Intella or Intella Connect into a case file. That case file is then shared and utilized by a number of assigned reviewers, paralegals, litigation support specialists or investigators using the Intella Connect case sharing feature.
The supported number of concurrently active cases that Intella Connect can share should be no more than four at any given time. The definition of an active case is one that is shared with a reviewer logged in or reviewing that case. A case that is shared but does not have any active reviewers logged in does not count towards the four cases. Connect administrators needing to have more than four active cases at any one time will need to purchase a second Intella Connect license and set up another dedicated server for it. Optionally, administrators can take advantage of the "Intella Connect Grid" feature to supply their reviewers with unified access to all cases shared by the servers forming the grid.
The supported number of concurrent reviewers per case is no more than eight.